Friday, July 16, 2010

Review: Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs

I recently bought a gorgeous book called Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman and I'm just loving it. The cover caught my eye with it's incredible colours and textures, and I couldn't pass it up! I've been carrying it in my yarnbag all summer and showing it to every yarncrafter I know.



There are so many cool motifs to play with to construct blankets or even just yarnbomb the town in (not that I admit to participating in such subversive activities ;) ). It's spiral-bound so it lays flat while you read and stitch, the patterns are written out in easy, common terms as well as graphic chart, and the pictures are in gorgeous, full colour. There are patterns for all skill levels here, though none of them look too daunting if you are familiar with the basic stitches. This cover alone, worthy of hours of admiration, makes me smile every time I look at it.

I highly recommend this book to my fellow hookers!


----------------
Now playing: Evil Genius Orchestra - Han Solo And The Princess
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lovely review! You may also want to check out my newest book--Around the Corner Crochet Borders. More lovely color and designs to add to the edge of anything you want.
    Happy Stitching!
    Edie

    ReplyDelete