Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Polymer Clay Bead Love!

I've been following Lorelei's Blog - Inside the Studio for some time now, and I'm always awed by her gorgeous jewelry. Her work is very organic and natural, and she finds the coolest art beads in the world to incorporate into her designs. Many art beads are kind of expensive for many of us to consider buying online, and living in a small town means I don't get as much access to good craft shopping as I'd like. What's a girl to do, but make her own!



So I've messing with polymer clay lately, thinking about birds and earthy colours and vintage feels. Remembering that "not all polymer clay beads are art beads," as I recently read somewhere, I worried about how these would turn out and whether they would be art. I mean, what is art anyway?



Art is the product of human creativity. It doesn't have to be good, or even deep and meaningful, really. It just has to be, and in many cases, it wants to be. These birdies wanted to be, and I made them. I'm so proud, and I can't wait to make more art with them! Thank you, Lorelei, for the artbead love.




----------------
Now playing: Metric - Rock Me Now
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. Polymer clay is such a fun material to work with. It lends itself to creativity beautifully. I started exploring polymer clay last year and totally love it. I haven't made anything truly stellar yet, but I've had some really interesting successes and some even more interesting "accidents". Keep on playing....you never know what is possible unless you do.

    ReplyDelete