Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sailors' Delight

I've been hitting garage sales, the Share Shop and Goodwill all summer, looking for scrabble tiles. Yep, I've got the bug. I wasn't entirely sure yet, how I was going to use them.

Thanks to the idea from Beadwork Magazine's latest issue of Handcrafted Jewelry (Home Sweet Home by Ellene McClay*, page 20), I decoupaged some scrapbook paper onto tiles, added some Diamond Glaze to the top and here's the first completed piece I've made with one.


The clasp and bail that holds the focal pendant is sterling, the chain is not. Hematite, jade and red frosted faceted glass beads give this bracelet a little jingle, and echo the colours in the pendant.



And here's the issue of Handcrafted Jewelry by BeadWork magazine. This issue has great articles and projects (choosing resins, how to decoupage a scrabble tile, how to make the the beautiful branch pendant on the cover, with polymer clay, and more) and is on news stands for a while longer yet. I so love mixed media jewelery, and magazines like this give me the courage to get creative with what I put together.


* Please visit Ellene McClay's blog and her Etsy store.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment