Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fun With Wire and Beads from the New Studio

I can't tell you how good it feels to have space to create after having to stifle inspiration for lack of a space to create! Whew! I spent the whole afternoon/evening yesterday getting my ya-yas out, and except for not being able to find my burr cup (I'm in the city tomorrow and Saturday, so I'll go get another from my favourite shop, Bedrock Supply), it was bliss!

In addition to the stitch markers I told you about yesterday, I finally got to use some gorgeous sugalite rondelles I have been just DYING to use in these earrings inspired by a design by Char Jorgensen that I found in the Summer 2009 issue of Step by Step Wire Jewelry magazine. The rondelles are 6x10mm on 22ga sterling silver, and the swirly ear wires are 20ga sterling silver. I can't wait to get that burr cup so I can file and wear a pair of these babies!


I knew these lampworked beads I had on hand would go really nicely with this bracelet inspired by Cassie Donlen's wire wrapped bangle from the same issue of Step by Step Wire Jewelry magazine. I didn't have the wire called for in the tutorial, but I made do. The bangle is 14ga sterling silver wrapped with double-twisted 22 ga sterling. The beads are glass and silver plated spacers, and on 16ga sterling silver wire.


I wonder what I'll make next!

Thanks for stopping by!



----------------
Now playing: Blue October - Sound of Pulling Heaven Down
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love to have a space to be creative? No more moving around the house, packing up all your things every time you stop working? I enjoy my studio very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do that bracelet? I love it!! I wish I knew how to do that. I am sure I could learn it, but wish I could just do a mind meld or something and have the skills immediately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa! I can't post the instructions, since it's copyrighted. If you can find a copy of the summer 09 issue though, it's in there.

    ReplyDelete